CBOTB

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Crayon "Tips"



Who doesn't love NEW CRAYONS??!  I love them...just opened a new box for my ESY (summer school kids) today.  And, I keep them in this fun little sparkly blue crayon container that I bought at Staples- that way, the box doesn't get crushed in the OT bag that I drag all over with me.  But, don't you hate it when they get worn down and dull?  Not so much fun to color with anymore.  Well, here's a  nifty little item that I also found at Staples...

Can't seem to turn this picture either! 
Anyway,  note that the crayon is an old one, and has been peeled down.  The Elmer's Crayon Sharpener sharpens the tip of old crayons into looking like the new ones do!  With the little ridge...see that?  And, shorter crayons encourage more refined grasp patterns (the shorter the better), because little kids can't grasp their whole fist around a short little crayon.  So, there's my little crayon "tip" of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!