CBOTB

Monday, August 5, 2013

School Supplies~

It's that time of year again~ back to school shopping.  Of course I take my kids shopping for school supplies, but I also pick up some things for myself to use with my students.  I get the standard stuff, and buy extra crayons and markers at the cheaper prices so that I have fresh ones throughout the school year.  Occasionally I will stumble across something to add to my tool box that I haven't found before- this year, I found this:


It's a ruler that has an extra ridge for kids to hold onto.  This would help kids get a little bit better grip on the ruler while they are attempting to stabilize it for classroom activities.  Often times, the kids that I work with have a tough time stabilizing or holding the ruler in place.  Here's a closer look at the ridge:


Right now, this ruler is on sale at Staples for $2. Pretty good deal, I think. Our office actually has this ruler that we often try with kids who have difficulty stabilizing a ruler:


This ruler was purchased through the Abilitations catalog.  Another thing that can be purchased at craft stores or fabric stores is a quilter's ruler handle.  It is a handle with suction cups that you can stick on a plastic ruler.  They usually run about $4.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!