CBOTB

Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Back to School Gadget!

So, the new school year is almost upon us... It's a love/hate thing for me.  As a school OT, I do get the majority of my summer off, and I love that, of course!  But, I also love the start of the school year.  I love how the teachers get their classrooms ready in fun and creative ways, I love how excited the kids are to meet their new teachers and see their friends again.  And, I love new school supplies!  Sharp, new crayons, new markers, lovely number 2 pencils... :)  I also like to find new things to add to my repertoire as an OT, and recently I did just that~ I cam across this Bic Kids mechanical pencil:

Bic Kids mechanical pencil

This mechanical pencil comes with refillable leads, an eraser (there isn't one on the end of the pencil) and stickers to put your child's name on it.  There is a yellow guiding line (see pic below) for proper finger position.  It's short enough so that kids can't really hold high up on the pencil when writing with it.  You can also get a pen with the same yellow guiding line feature (but you can't erase pen, so I didn't get one!).

"Porte-mine" is a French word that translates to
"mechanical pencil."



A close up of the yellow guiding line that
provides a visual and tactile cue for
finger position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!